Advantages of Water Softeners.
If you have yet to install a water softener in your home or business, here are some reasons why you should do so:
• Water softeners help protect your appliances from limescale build up and corrosion, which can extend the life of your appliances and save you money on repairs and replacements.
• Softened water is gentler on your skin and hair, it lathers more easily, so you will need less soap and shampoo to get the desired foam and clean effect.
• The calcium and magnesium minerals that cause hard water problems are not present in soft water, so there is no scale build-up or soap scum. This means that dishes, glasses, and silverware will stay cleaner longer, and surfaces such as bathtubs, showers, tiles, and sinks will be less likely to stain.
• A water softener can help reduce skin irritation and dryness, caused by mineral salts in hard water.
• A water softener also helps decrease the soap and detergent needed for cleaning, which can save you money in the long run.
• A water softener can help extend the life of your appliances by preventing mineral build-up and scale on the heating elements, which eventually leads to corrosion, and this is when the appliance stops working.
• A water softener will improve the taste and smell of your drinking water.
Potential Problems With a Water Softener and How to Avoid Them
One of the benefits of a water softener is that it can help to prevent scale build-up on fixtures and appliances. However, if your water softener is not working properly, you could experience problems such as:
• Limescale stains
• Clogged pipes
• Reduced efficiency of appliances
To avoid these problems, make sure to regularly maintain and service your water softener. You should also test your water hardness level every year to ensure that your water softener is still working properly. If you find that you have any problems with your water softener, call a professional for assistance.
Pure Choice Quality Water independent water treatment experts will advise on the hardness of yoru water, if you happen to live in the hard water area. Contact us for a quote on a water softener for your home: 0800 068 1857.
A compact water softener, such as Hague Maximizer 410 - should be a perfect solution for a flat or not a very large household. While a bigger model Hague Maximizer 7180 would be the best water softener for larger homes.